About this course:
This qualification is intended for candidates who want to train to become a counsellor working in a counselling service agency. Successful completion of this course means youwill be able to provide a therapeutic counselling service within the context of an agency’s service framework.
TC-L4 is accredited by the Office of the Qualifications & Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) into the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). The qualification number for TC-L4 is 500/8088/X.
What you will study:
This is a vocational qualification combining workplace learning and academic study and is designed to meet the requirements of employers in developing counselling, psychological knowledge and skills applicable to the workplace. Learners develop professionally as counselling practitioners, increasing their knowledge and skills in the study and application of a variety of counselling and Psychological models.
To participate in a work placement, learners have to apply for suitable placement during their first year and provide counselling under clinical supervision. 125 supervised counselling hours are required.
- Theory Integrative – Psychodynamic and Humanistic, person centred
- Therapeutic counselling skills
- Professional development
- Practitioner workshops and supervision
- Personal development: sessions of personal therapy/ counselling over the 2 years (30 sessions in year 1 and 30 sessions in year 2)
You must have successfully completed the CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies. You will be asked to attend an interview where you will discuss your readiness to embark on the next stage of training and how you think you meet the characteristics identified below:
- Ability to translate intra-personal experience into language
- Are able to benefit from self development
- Emotional stability
- Evidence of personal insight
- Ability to form a helping relationship
- Awareness of difference and diversity
- Are able to cope with the course content
- Be motivated towards developing as a counselling practitioner
There will be an additional registration fee.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 07939321072.
Dates and times:
This course begins in September. The duration of this course is two years.
At Bromley College we strive to ensure that all information presented is accurate at the time of publishing. We reserve the right to vary our programme of courses, qualification titles, course content and entry requirements, the range of services we provide and the fee policies stated.